5 Easy Ways to Refresh a Brand Using Print
Brands and their logos help consumers navigate to their favorite products and services. Restaurants, nail salons, car repair shops, and plumbers all use their logos to stay visible, reminding the market to think of them. Over time, logos and mascot characters take on a life of their own. Sometimes, brand owners become reluctant to make changes out of fear that customers won’t recognize them, keeping them from refreshing and modernizing their look. This is a great time to remind them that a new year brings new possibilities!
Remember that a brand refresh is not the same as a rebranding project. With a refresh, the name remains the same - you simply make subtle updates like new shades of existing colors or a more modern, cleaner font. Forbes magazine tells us that “a brand refresh is critical to maintaining and even earning relevancy in the market.” They suggest that the age of the current brand assets might start the conversation; it is the changing tastes of consumers and the market that should drive the marketing programs. Refreshing lets a company re-examine its assets to ensure they have the best sizes, proportions, and formats that allow the marketing team to engage in the best way for new market conditions.
To start, look at these common assets to help customers build a brand refresh that will work for them:
- Business Cards: The test often used by consultants is to ask everyone in a meeting to put their business cards on the table. It is common to find that everyone working for a company has a different version. Logos, typefaces, and the position of vital contact details may change over the years, but no program was in place to ensure that everyone carried updated cards. Help your customers standardize how they look to their clients with a dash of panache. Suggest a refresh that uses textures, finishes, and even card weight to change how clients perceive that essential business card.
- Signs: If the signs aren’t kept up to date, they become like wallpaper. They are in the background but not contributing to the forward momentum of the business. Signs at the front door and throughout a shop are the essential visual elements that guide customers on their buying journey. For restaurants, it may be their association with well-known food and alcohol brands. Car shops may want to focus on partnerships with their key brand partners, while other shops will want to spotlight products and services created inside their building.
The good news is that signs are easy to produce and come in every size and shape you could need for indoor and outdoor locations. From window clings to wayfinding signs, you can build packages that allow a company to refresh their image in all the places they need visibility at one time so that the brand look becomes consistent.
- EDDM: Mail is an effective way to spread news and engage customers. EDDM lets customers amplify their brand visibility by ZIP code, eliminating the need to buy lists. Instead, mail to ZIP codes that meet demographic requirements. It’s a great outreach to get your community’s local customers seeing your business in a fresh way.
- Promotions: Create packages that link cards, notebooks, magnets, and other giveaways that keep the brand visible and celebrate the brand refresh. And, don’t forget the stickers and calendars to keep the brand visible year-round. Some customers may appreciate the option to create custom gift boxes for the cards and promotional items, so don’t forget to mention the option.
- Booklets and catalogs: For clients selling products and services, booklets and catalogs with refreshed branding can drive continuing sales. As much online shopping as people do, a handy desk reference for regularly purchased items and adjacent items is appreciated and used.
Brand refreshes can be offered to every client in your book of business and advertised to prospects as a value-add you can bring to them.
Contact us today to get started! 516-561-1468 or FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ANY OF OUR MARKETING PRODUCTS GO TO: www.printcafeli.com
Post a Comment