Your Guide to Advertising on TikTok
TikTok is a fast-growing social media platform that your business can incorporate into its marketing strategy.
TikTok is an optimal marketing platform because it has a large, highly invested user base. For example:
- In 2018, 5% of global internet users had TikTok. In 2020, that number grew to 18%. That number is projected to grow to 26% by 2024.
- Currently, TikTok has 689 million monthly active users spanning 150 countries worldwide,making TikTok the 7th largest social media app.
- 50% of TikTok users are aged 18-34. The other 50% are ages 35+
- TikTokers are highly invested, spending an average of 52 minutes per day on TikTok. This makes TikTok the best platform for audience engagement, meaning your business will have a good ROI (Return on Investment).
- TikTokers have the money to support your business. 51.8% have a yearly salary of $75,000+
- TikTok users will most likely be swayed by advertising. The majority of them agree that they tend to buy brands they see advertised.
TikTok is very user-friendly.
Just download the app from the app store, put your account into a business mode, and start creating content. To post, click the + button, film the video with the effects you want, and then add a description, links, hashtags, and @ people. Your video can be between 15 seconds to 3 minutes.
The material your business will post should look slightly different than that of your other social media sites. TikTok is a casual, fun, and humorous environment. The more your content aligns with these values, the better you’ll do. Brainstorm ways your content can be funny. Bonus points if you can add something cute (such as animals or children) into your videos. Finally, try using TikToks filters and jump on some TikTok trends.
Advertising on TikTok
Running a successful business account is wonderful advertising as is. Plus, it’s free!
However, TikTok also offers a wide variety of paid advertising methods that your business may want to take advantage of.
- In-Feed Ads: these ads blend with other videos in the user’s feed. Users can like, comment, and share. However, they can also scroll past. Keeping your ads entertaining to watch will increase the likelihood that people will stay and watch.
- Brand Takeover Ads: these pop up right when users enter the app and visit a specific category. Your ad will be the only one that users see in that category for that day. They come at the hefty price of $45,050 because your ad will reach a high volume of users. They also take up the entire screen.
Top-View Ads: think of these as delayed brand takeover ads that don’t cover the user’s fullscreen
- Branded hashtag ads: these ads boost UGC (user-generated content) by challenging users to make content with your product and then post with your hashtag. Other users will then see these videos. Hashtag ads can be highly effective. For example, Samsung used the branded hashtag challenge to advertise their new Galaxy A. TikTokers were challenged to post when using features of the Galaxy A phone. This resulted in lots of UGC and over 158 million views. That’s a lot of advertising!
- Branded effects ad: these allow businesses to advertise their product by creating a filter. It helps your business take advantage of the wide popularity of filters on TikTok. Users can then use this filter and post for others to see. It again helps generate UGC.
- Influencer Advertising: You also have the option to reach out to influencers for them to advertise your product. This method can be quite effective. People look up to various celebrities and influencers. Therefore, when an influencer mentions liking or using a certain product, it can do wonders for your business. For example, in 2014, Kim Kardashian posted a picture of herself in a waist trainer. Prior to that day, not many people even knew what a waist trainer was. Afterward, waist trainer sales skyrocketed. The bottom line, having influencers promote your business can be widely successful. Just make sure the influencer aligns with your business’s product and values. Also, be cautious of your budget. More popular influencers charge more money.
Pair TikTok with Print Advertising!
Don’t only rely on one form of advertising!
TikTok is ideal for targeting a young, international market. To have the most effective advertising campaign, utilize various advertising modes.
For example, pair print advertising with social media advertising.
Print will attract loyal customers who trust and support your business. It is cost-effective and diverse. You can advertise using banners, flyers, or even promotional products!
Contact us today to get started! 516-561-1468 or FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ANY OF OUR MARKETING PRODUCTS GO TO:www.printcafeli.com